Frequently Asked Questions
- What will voicebusiness training cost?
- Are there any grants I can apply for to help with the training costs?
- Will my training count towards CPD?
- Who will I meet on a voicebusiness course?
- How experienced do I need to be?
- I'm afraid of public speaking - can you help me overcome my fears?
- How will I know what is the right training for me?
- How many people attend each course?
- Where does the training take place?
- What's the format of a typical training day?
- Will I be made to act?
- What should I wear to a course?
- How do I get there?
- Do I need to arrange my own lunch?
- What if I have a special diet?
- What do I do if I want to book a place on a public course?
- What do I do if I want to book some in-house or individual training?
- Can you customise training for me or my organisation?
- What if my building doesn't have a suitable space to run training?
- Do you have this information in hard copy?
- Will I need to prepare anything ahead of the training?
- What will I take away at the end of the training?
- What happens if I have to cancel my place on a public course?
- What happens if I have to cancel an in-house course?
- What is NLP?
- What place does NLP have in voicebusiness training?
- Struggling to read / download a pdf on this site?
What will voicebusiness training cost?
Our public courses cost £399 + VAT per participant per day.
In-house training is usually based on £1400 per day for a group working with one trainer.
Are there any grants I can apply for to help with the training costs?
Many of Scotland’s local authorities offer grants which can cover part of the cost of voicebusiness courses, e.g. Glasgow-based companies may be eligible for 80% refund on our courses from Glasgow City Council. Check your Skills & Business Growth Programme at http://www.glasgow.gov.uk for more details.
Will my training count towards CPD?
Who will I meet on a voicebusiness course?
How experienced do I need to be?
I'm afraid of public speaking - can you help me overcome my fears?
It's what we're best at. Click here for more information.
How will I know what is the right training for me?
Look at our course descriptions and see which course/s appeal to you. Then you are welcome to call us and talk to a trainer to find out which would be best for you. Call us on 0141 333 9331.
How many people attend each course?
Our one-day public 'Stand & Deliver' has a maximum of 8 participants, which is the number we would suggest you run if in-house. Numbers participating are ultimately up to you but we do strongly suggest these numbers simply because the courses are designed to work with this amount of people taking part. Shooting Stars and Individual Impact have only 6, with 2 trainers. Stepping Out and Aiming High work better with higher numbers, between 8 and (or up to) an upper limit of about 20. Click here to look at our course descriptions.
Where does the training take place?
What's the format of a typical training day?
Will I be made to act?
What should I wear to a course?
Comfort is the main criterion. Our courses involve you moving around so wear something comfortable which allows you to do this. Flat shoes are important for presentation skills training, because we strive to help you feel balanced and rooted. Or be prepared to take your shoes off when we do some of the voice exercises.
How do I get there?
What if I have a special diet?
What do I do if I want to book a place on a public course?
What do I do if I want to book some in-house or individual training?
Can you customise training for me or my organisation?
Yes, we can and frequently do customise training to make it particularly relevant to your or your company. Click here for further information, or contact us to talk it through.
What if my building doesn't have a suitable space to run training?
Do you have this information in hard copy?
Will I need to prepare anything ahead of the training?
What will I take away at the end of the training?
It depends on the course. At the very least you will have checklists and notes or exercises. With some of our training we offer personalised written feedback and/or individually edited DVDs.
What happens if I have to cancel my place on a public course?
What happens if I have to cancel an in-house course?
For Custom Built and other in-house courses, cancellation charges are as follows: Training Fee: Less than 14 days notice: 100% of Fee / Plus Venue Hire or other expenses: Less than 30 days notice: 50% of Fee / Plus Venue Hire or other expenses / Before these days of notice (in writing): No charge. All conditions are clearly detailed in your confirmation booking form.
What is NLP?
Neuro Linguistic Programming. Very hard to pin down a short definition, but try to think of it as a practical set of skills and techniques for thinking, and acting effectively in the world. This is Pegasus NLP Training's definition:
- Neuro - refers to how the mind and body interact.
- Linguistic - refers to the insights into a person's thinking that can be obtained by careful attention to their use of language.
- Programming - refers, not to the activity of programming, but to the study of the thinking and behavioural patterns or 'programmes' which people use in their daily lives.
NLP is not a therapy, but a model of effective communication - a practical and pragmatic collection of insights and methods that can enable you to improve how you communicate with yourself and others.
What place does NLP have in voicebusiness training?
NLP principles include: The meaning of your communication is the response you get - which could also read: message intended isn't always message received!
Real communication is about exchanging ideas. It’s about interacting, not talking at people. How effective you are as a communicator is based on your ability to receive and, more importantly, to respond to how people are reacting to you and what you are saying. We sometimes integrate NLP techniques into our training because they are straightforward and very practical ways to help us help you.
Struggling to read / download a pdf on this site?
Some people using Internet Explorer have experienced a problem reading or downloading pdfs on this site.
Either: Right click and save as
Or: Use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox etc, as there do not seem to be any problems with these.
Sorry you've had a problem. You can always just contact us and we'll email you the offending pdf!
voicebusiness is committed to protecting your privacy. Any personal data provided by you to us will be held and processed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998.
We may collect information about you, in order to send you very occasional information about courses or training options we think might interest you. We do not bombard you with information. We may collect information from your website, when you contact us or from directly calling your organisation or from directories stored in Glasgow Libraries. We will only use the information we collect about you lawfully. We will not sell, trade or rent your personal information to anyone else.
We hold your information securely, on a Customer Relationship Management system (CRM), in our office, with strictly limited access. You are welcome to ask to see what information we may be holding about your or to opt out of receiving communications with us at any time.
voicebusiness is registered in accordance with current data protection legislation: registration number